Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Easy Now by Tom Shiner

Easy now walking down the street
In my Brown shoes and hat
Easy now as I walk past the bin
With a flick of my toes

Easy now as am caught in a photograph
With a tree of lime green
And the more I turn into a clown
The more fixed and static I become

Easy now as my feet grow
Easy now as I try to climb out of the photograph
With both hands on the old white border
I smile a clown’s smile

Easy now as I enter the dark and dreadful world
Of French mime
With a scornful dance and a sideways smirk
I disappear off stage left

Easy now as I drink my Scotch
In the dressing room.
Blow into the bottle with a toot
For my Mother

Easy now as I reach into my pockets
To produce some paper flowers
Which makes me want to dive
Into the watery paper

Into a murky glossy magazine
To join the city people with their city ways
Eat right and walk across gardening tips
To the lamppost surrounded with bright white

Then getting smaller,
To shrink to the full stop.
The dot on the page of health tips
For a lavender moment

2 Comments:

At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

in :poemspedia.com
More than Love Poems in a very user friendly interface with little ads

 
At 1:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dad..Is that you? hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home